Sunday, April 27, 2008



Published today, for the LA Times Book Review, working with the super nice Carol again, I got to work on a nice color piece. It was a lot of fun doing this assignment. Basically talking about Literature as entertainment. I thought the main essay was really well written. One thing thats great about most illustration assignments is that with each job there's something new, a new angle, review, story, etc...


Also another piece in the New Yorker which is out on stands right now. It was about the horse exhibit going on at the Natural History Museum... Working with Max again, good times.



On another note, I was also honored to find out that one of my letters pieces that i had done, was selected to be displayed at the "The Illustrated Letter" show that was held at the New York Times building, in New York. What was displayed at the show were selected letters section pieces, that were published in the NYT in the past 4 decades . I didn't know that one of my letters pieces was seleceted, till my friends Josh Cochran and Frank Stockton, text messaged me about having one of my previous letters illustrations in it. Josh was also nice enough to display his phone photography skills for me (nice guy that Josh). It's nice to see these small, daily published pieces, getting a second light of appreciation. When I did this one I was working with Brian Rea.

3 comments:

drew beckmeyer said...

this is an impressive posting. i am impressed

Jon Klassen said...

both of those new ones are outstanding.

Nathan said...

That LA Times piece came out really really nice. Good job, man.